- POAPs ("the best swag") were everywhere at Devcon VI in Bogota. The ENS x IYK x POAP collab, and the massive line to receive a custom IYK card, lit up Twitter and was highlighted in the ENS DAO newsletter.
- nft now interviewed POAP's own Anthony Bertolino and David Chung and published a detailed breakdown on the powerful utility POAPs provide.
- Tie a knot, make a fire, learn blockchain: World Scouting announced a new initiative to distribute POAPs to youth scouts for completing learning modules on digital wallets and Web3.
- CriptoNoticias interviewed Patricio to discuss POAP at Devcon and Patricio's interview of Vitalik, among other topics.
- POPSUGAR published a recap of the 2022 Austin City Limits Music Festival that included a shot out to the Amex POAP at the event.
- Vogue Business published (paywall) "the fashion execs guide to Web3" and discussed POAP.
- Creator CRM platform Laylo completed a new round of strategic investment and participants included POAP Ventures; Yahoo, Digital Music News, Tubefilter, and SoCalTech were among the publications to pick up the story.
- Observatorio Blockchain wrote about publisher HarperCollins Ibérica hosting a Decentraland event and dropping a POAP.
- The ApeCoin DAO vote to incorporate POAPs into their voting system (mentioned in last week's newsletter) was accepted with a 99.8% pass rate.
THE PEOPLE WANT THE POAPS
With the goal of onboarding everyone to the metaverse, Landz created generative real estate assets that aim to solve the metaverse interoperability issue in a fun and utility-driven manner. Landz assets are interoperable across multiple metaverse platforms even if owners do not own any metaverse land.
Landz owners can display their NFT collections, throw virtual parties, and more. All amenities can be personalized to reflect each person's unique identity. You can also token-gate access to specific rooms or floors and create POAPs to bookmark the memories of your virtual life.
From the Landz team: "We are thrilled to integrate POAP so users can visually showcase POAPs in Landz properties. We are striving to make Landz assets a Web3 representation of your digital self, and POAPs that celebrate remarkable moments are a natural addition in working toward this goal."
Follow Landz on Twitter @landz_nft.
THIRD PARTY TIME
Builders are the unsung heroes of the POAP ecosystem. Check out the POAP Directory for more info on third-party integrations.
- Push Protocol (previously Ethereum Push Notification Service), announced the alpha launch of Push Chat with the goal of being "the most useful, adopted, and user-friendly communication protocol for Web3." Alpha access is now available to select user groups, including those with Push Chat POAPs.
- POAP Community Calls are every Wednesday at 11PM UTC in the POAP Discord. Listen to last week's call on YouTube.
- American Express continued dropping POAPs at ACL Music Festival (and tweeting about it).
- The World of Women and Steve Aoki dropped POAPs as a reward to those who completed events in The Sandbox virtual gaming world:
- Audi dropped a POAP at the Audi Business Summit 2022.
- The Forum x Audi dropped a POAP at an event "exploring the merging physical and digital worlds."
- The first Scout POAP at JOTA-JOTI 2022, "the world's largest digital and radio Scout event promoting friendship and global citizenship."
- Bayer dropped more POAPs at company events.
- The Harper Collins Ibérica POAP at their event in Decentraland.
- The Asia Pacific University Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Club (more info on APUBCC) dropped a POAP during a talk on the metaverse.
- The Nordic Blockchain Association dropped a POAP at a "Metaverse & Money" event.
- There were multiple POAPs (such as this one, this one, and this one) for World Mental Health Day.
- The Berklee Blockchain Club dropped a POAP at a presentation on NFTs and music.
- A POAP to forever memorialize and celebrate a life.