- Vogue Business published a piece on a fashion brand creating clothing with embedded NFC chips and soulbound tokens so that owners can "treat the item as a wearable wallet" and "collect POAPs and other tokens that add to the garment's story."
- Benzinga profiled Charles O'Neill from American Express, who will speak at an upcoming Benzinga panel on why major brands are going Web3; the piece discussed the POAP x Amex partnership.
THE PEOPLE WANT THE POAPS
THIRD PARTY TIME
No-code Web3 access control and analytics platform Gandalf lets people easily token-gate content on platforms such as Google Forms, Notion, WordPress, and much more. That token-gating ability now specifically highlights POAPs:
From the Gandalf team: "POAP support was our most requested feature, and for good reason. They are one of the most popular real-word use cases for NFTs and we think it's important to let anybody reward community engagement seamlessly, while using the tools they're familiar with."
Follow @GandalfPage to keep up with the latest!
- The Ethereum Org is distributing a POAP to those who participated in the KZG Summoning Ceremony; about 50,000 eligible wallets have already paid .00016 ETH to purchase the POAP via POAP Checkout.
- The Princeton Blockchain Club dropped a POAP at an event in New York that featured guest speakers such as Vitalik Buterin.
- Richie Hawtin dropped a POAP at a show in New York (see last week's newsletter for details on his new POAP-gated merch drop):
- Chimpers dropped a POAP on the first episode of their new show "Chimpreneurship," which featured richerd.eth.
- During a conference in Santa Barbara for crypto general counsel, TechGC dropped POAPs at several events, including sessions on audits, privacy, international expansion, crisis management, and at a silent disco.
- The NFT Factory art gallery in Paris is dropping a POAP at their current exhibit.
- A POAP for visiting an exhibit at Rome Art Week.
- A POAP for attending Ethereum Mexico.
- Arbitrum was one of the entities dropping POAPs at Ethereum Mexico. Their setup included a sweet POAP neon sign:
- Nym Project also dropped a POAP during a side event at Ethereum Mexico.
- The Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico dropped a POAP at a job fair.
- The musician Pieter de Graaf dropped a POAP at a show in Amsterdam.
- A POAP in Brussels during a workshop at an immersive tech forum.
- A POAP at the 2023 Cryptocurrency Conference for the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) in Melbourne.
- A POAP at the inauguration of a new Web3 incubator/accelerator in Paris.
- H.E.R. DAO Latam dropped a POAP at a brunch event in Mexico City:
- The GraphQL Foundation dropped a POAP for speakers at the GraphQL Conference in San Francisco.
- A POAP for attending Digital Art Week Asia in Tokyo.
- The University of Havana gave out a POAP to finalists in the International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC).
- POAPs at meetups in Kuala Lumpur, Ghana, London, Munich, Hamburg, Helsinki, Toulouse, Rotterdam, Madrid, Rapperswil, Nigeria (photos on social), Columbus, Vancouver, Adelaide, Monterrey, Mexico City, Santo Domingo, Lima, and Hong Kong.
- A birthday party POAP in Cuba.