- Jing Daily published a piece on the top fashion NFT drops of 2022 and discussed the Christian Louboutin POAP and how POAPs have "rapidly become a status symbol within the world of virtual luxury."
- Influencive published an in-depth "What are POAPs?" piece that imagined the benefits the organizers of Woodstock could have offered if they had dropped a POAP and concluded, "What will come out of POAPs in the next few years will likely disrupt the entire community-building system." (Influencive tweet)
- Vogue Business wrote about (paywall) Web3 branding and discussed the Gmoney and Charlotte Tilbury POAPs and their utility.
- Pro skateboarder Bob Burnquist tweeted about Web3 onboarding and shared educational material that advises people to include POAPs in this work.
- BizBash covered the NBA 2k23 x Amex "slam dunk pop up" event and the POAP that was part of it.
- A lengthy write-up on POAPs and the concept of "proof of influence" (LinkedIn post).
- Digital Music News wrote about a new Warner Music Group partnership and mentioned the POAP partnership that began earlier this year. Music Ally also included the WMG x POAP partnership in an unrelated article.
THE PEOPLE WANT THE POAPS
THIRD PARTY TIME
Builders are the unsung heroes of the POAP ecosystem!
- Coinbase Wallet announced their POAP integration:
- The Coinbase Wallet POAP to commemorate their POAP integration.
- POAP sold a POAP to commemorate the arrest of Sam Bankman-Fried.
- WMG artist A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie dropped a POAP during a show at the Apollo Theater.
- MarketWatch dropped a POAP to celebrate their 25-year anniversary and the launch of the "Dow Jones Green House" in Decentraland.
- KnownOrigin x eBay dropped a POAP at an end-of-year party.
- Ledger also dropped a POAP at an end-of-year party.
- The Knuckleheads podcast dropped a POAP during an episode featuring NBA legend James Worthy and another episode featuring Mark Cuban.
- A POAP at a blockchain workshop for kids and a POAP at a community center for a youth holiday party.
- Lots of POAPs rolled in to celebrate Argentina's World Cup victory, including one from Welook that used POAP Checkout.