- Forbes interviewed WMX President Danielle Lee about "Warner Music's big bet on artist and fan experiences" and she discussed how Warner Music is rewarding concert-going fans with POAPs and "adding future utility by giving those fans exclusive access to content or early access to merch drops."
- Crypto research firm Delphi Digital published (paywall) its 2022 progress update on reputational identity, which included a section on POAPs and community building. Delphi Digital also tweeted about POAP.
- Johnnie Walker issued a press release about an upcoming NFT collab and mentioned holders of previous Johnnie Walker POAPs will get early access to purchase the NFT. BevNET, NFT Evening, and The Crypto Times were among the publications to pick up the story.
- Yahoo picked up the press release from the Crypto Market Integrity Coalition (CMIC) about the launch of their crypto training program and the POAP for completing it.
- NFT Evening wrote about gmoney's upcoming "ITERATION 02" 9dcc event and mentioned the POAP integration for "ITERATION 01."
- The Friendly Futurist podcast interviewed Colfax from GitPOAP on "What is a POAP?"
THE PEOPLE WANT THE POAPS
Signet enables unlock token utility without risk, as people can safely prove ownership of tokens without connecting to their wallet. The Signet team believes Web3 and blockchain technology will bring about a paradigm shift in brand loyalty and consumer engagement and is building the infrastructure to allow brands and projects to seamlessly tap into this power. Signet abstracts the blockchain from the user, improving UX without compromising self-custody or security. The goal is a smooth onboarding into Web3 and token-enabled rewards programs.
Signet app users can now also create POAPs from within the Signet app. Any would-be POAP issuer needs to simply enter the details of their POAP and select an image from the camera roll on their phone. Once the POAP is created, the issuer receives a QR code that anyone can scan to mint their POAP.
From the Signet team: "Our existing partners use POAP to reward engagement and create an on-chain record for future perks. We're excited for people to create and deliver POAPs natively in our beta app. We've noticed experimentation with bootstrapping social networks on top of the POAP ecosystem, and we believe the ease of POAP creation and delivery will create a fun and novel way for communities to build their social graphs."
Follow Signet on Twitter @signet3xyz.
THIRD PARTY TIME
Builders are the unsung heroes of the POAP ecosystem!
- GitPOAP announced (and posted on the POAP Discourse) that their platform can now be used as a general service for issuing POAPs for professional achievements, beyond just software contributions on GitHub.
- POAP Community Calls are every Wednesday at Midnight UTC in the POAP Discord. Listen to last week's call on YouTube.
- POAP Art launched a sandbox canvas to celebrate a new pastel color palette.
- Amazon dropped a POAP at the Amazon Creator Forum in Los Angeles.
- Mastercard dropped a POAP at the Mastercard Innovation Forum in Stockholm.
- Paris Hilton's "Paris World" metaverse project dropped a POAP to OG Discord members.
- Charlotte Tilbury dropped another POAP.
- The Women of Color in Blockchain dropped a POAP at their 3rd Annual Congressional Briefing that featured guests such as Senator Cory Booker (tweet).
- VaynerSports dropped a POAP at an AMA with NFL kicker Daniel Carlson.
- Richie Hawtin dropped another POAP at a show in Santiago.
- Business school HEC Paris dropped a POAP for attending blockchain, NFT, and metaverse courses.
- The Hague dropped a POAP at a "Future of Money" event.
- There was a POAP at Boston College's "Blockchain and its Business Applications" class.
- The University of Louisiana Monroe dropped a POAP at a Blockchain Fundamentals lecture.
- Meetups in Austria, Georgia, The Gold Coast, and Switzerland commemorated their inaugural event with a POAP.
- The winners of this POAP Fun raffle got to ride in a Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari 360 Modena, or take a paragliding flight.