IN THE NEWS
- The Ledger x POAP partnership (Ledger tweet), for which people received POAPs for presale orders of the Ledger Nano S Plus Genesis Edition, got a lot of press coverage, including in The Crypto Times, NFT World News, Cointelegraph (also Spanish, German, Portugese), NFT Innovation Digest, Block-chain-24 (Russian), ADVFN, Comparic (Polish), Bitcoin Insider, NFT Innovation Digest, Digital Latest News, cnYES, Cryptosaurus, Blockzeit, Bullfrag, Finder, Investing.com (Thai). The 10,000 limited edition Ledger wallets sold out in a day.
- Happening now: SXSW blogged about POAPs and their integration at this year's festival (also covered in The Music Universe).
- Vogue Business published an article on Gucci and the metaverse, and mentioned Adidas' use of POAPs.
- CMSWire wrote "What Brands Need to Know About POAPs" and highlighted the story in their weekly ICYMI weekly recap.
- Binance Academy added POAP to its glossary and tweeted about it.
- CoinMarketCap Alexandria added POAP to its glossary and tweeted about it.
- PoolTogether wrote a blog post outlining their POAP roadmap.
- In an interview with Stockhead, the CEO of MultiNFT bragged about how quickly POAPs for their events are minted.
- A few stragglers on the Ukraine news from last week included Forbes.cz and DiarioBitcoin.
- A CoinDesk op-ed on privacy in Web3 mentioned POAPs. The story was picked up by Nasdaq and Yahoo!, among others.
- There is a new status page to check for POAP outages (click the bell icon to subscribe).
- The team at POAP.fr held an invitation-only talk with NFTParis and Ledger CXO Ian Rogers:
- POAP has formalized a large investment in IYK*, an NYC-based tech startup building innovative products using NFC beacons.
- Part of the IYK* roadmap includes a physical, credit-card-sized NFC tag that would allow people to distribute POAPs:
- The curated NFT art platform Quantum provided presale access to their Quantum Key to select POAP holders (Quantum Keys sold out almost immediately once the sale went public).
- The Burnt Auction in Paris, featuring artists such as Beeple and FEWOCiOUS, dropped a POAP (this was also the first NFT auction in France):
- Spotify dropped a POAP for its "Spotify Hackweek 2022" event.
- KPMG dropped a POAP for its Global Insights Center Virtual Summit.
- GQ dropped a POAP to participants of their GQ SuitWalk in Taipei.
- Lollapalooza dropped two POAPs (and intends to drop a third) via their website to celebrate their entry into the metaverse.
- ShapeShift DAO dropped a POAP at ETHRio that got some Twitter love. Other POAPs at ETHRio included for attending the main event and for meeting people.
- Lots of POAPs at SXSW, including for photo booths, meetups, and (of course) meeting people. More on SXSW next week after its conclusion.
THIRD PARTY TIME
- Light,io, a "metaverse explorer," now allows you to see mutual friends that have the same POAPs.
- W3Look allows you to search for and visualize POAP collections.
- POAPathon held a successful painting party with POAP.art to celebrate International Women's Day.
- The ETHStaker community published a YouTube video on using POAPathon and the Magic POAP Dispenser to develop and distribute a POAP.
- Cryptovoxels has plans to integrate POAPs in their metaverse.
- The Web3 social media platform gm.xyz is considering incorporating POAPs into profiles.