- American Express dropped POAPs at the U.S. Open in Los Angeles last week. Golf Digest, Fortune, Yahoo, CoinDesk, and HYPEBEAST were among the publications to cover the story. American Express also mentioned the POAP in an interview with six-time PGA Tour winner Tony Finau.
- Glossy published a piece on how fashion brands are using NFC chips and discussed the upcoming Jeff Staple x 9dcc POAP drop.
- OpenSea blogged about POAP.
THE PEOPLE WANT THE POAPS
THIRD PARTY TIME
Uniqly.io enables creators, artists, and brands to bridge physical and digital experiences; the Uniqly platform provides a fully automated, no-code solution where anyone can create physical products that have digital counterparts in the form of NFTs.
When someone mints an NFT on Uniqly, they can then order the physical version of the product, which comes equipped with an NFC chip. By scanning this embedded NFC chip with a phone, anyone can find the product's history on the blockchain to prove ownership and authenticity.
In addition to proving ownership and authenticity, the NFC chips in Uniqly products can now be easily configured to mint POAPs! From the Uniqly team: "We integrated POAP to provide new utilities for our clothing. We want to enable people to leverage experiences during events and change the way they perceive clothing, showcasing how it can be more than just a garment and can open doors to a whole new wave of possibilities."
Follow Uniqly on Twitter @Uniqly_io and check out the tutorial video below that walks through the POAP integration:
More builder news:
- Snapshot published a tweet thread highlighting their POAP integration.
- The POAP Curation Body published new reason codes that cover common reasons that drops are not approved.
- The American Express x U.S. Open POAPs for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- The XPRIZE Foundation is dropping POAPs to commemorate their Storyhunter documentary film competition (and tweeted about it).
- Sotheby's dropped a POAP at the live GRAILS auction in NYC. Read POAP Studio's LinkedIn post for more info.
- Web3 CRM Absolute Labs dropped POAPs at VivaTech in Paris. Read the POAP Studio LinkedIn post on the event for more info.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, Elyx, and Kryptosphere also dropped POAPs at VivaTech during a digital collectibles treasure hunt. Read POAP Studio's LinkedIn post for more info.
- The Graph Protocol dropped a POAP at an event in San Francisco (tweet).
- A POAP for attending an art exhibit from Future Drops x Ninfa Labs in Milan (tweet).
- Richie Hawtin dropped a POAP at a show in Barcelona.
- Bayer dropped a POAP at a networking for health event and at a POAP safari.
- Oxford University dropped a POAP at the 2023 Oxford Blockchain Society Conference.
- The Italian Fencing Federation dropped a POAP during a panel session on imagining the fencing of tomorrow.
- Gnosis Chain dropped a POAP in Ho Chi Minh City during BUIDL Vietnam.
- The musician Rosa Linn started dropping POAPs during her current tour.
- A POAP for attending the Incrypted Conference in Kyiv.
- A POAP at the Fifteen Seconds Festival in Austria.
- A POAP for attending the Vision Stage Digital Business Future Forum in Switzerland.
- A POAP at an art exhibit in Bangsar, Malaysia.
- A POAP at a crypto onboarding event in Honduras.
- A POAP for attending the German Art Director's Club festival in Hamburg.
- A POAP to commemorate a SailGP race on Lake Michigan.
- A POAP for an educational legal session in Tallinn.
- A POAP at a Web Marketing Festival in Italy.
- POAPs at meetups in Bordeaux, Warsaw, Toruń, Lisbon, Lyon, Paris, Latvia, Singapore, Milan, Sydney, Kuala Lampur, Luxembourg, Buenos Aires, Bolivia, Czechia, Mexico (two), Vancouver, Tampa Bay, Chicago, Boston, Kansas City (tweet), Palo Alto, and at the MoMA in NYC.
- A wedding POAP in Nicaragua.