- Vitalik Buterin published "What in the Ethereum application ecosystem excites me" and wrote extensively about POAPs and their use cases in the identity ecosystem.
- Hype has begun for the upcoming American Express/NBA 2K23 event in New York City, running from Dec 8-11, where there will be POAPs. Publications such as Bleeding Cool and The Sports Business Journal had the story.
- Vogue Business recapped Art Basel in Miami and discussed potential ways POAPs might provide utility at future events and how "POAPs made frequent appearances" throughout the week.
- Vogue Business published (paywall) a list of tech and Web3 innovators, which included Gmoney and mentioned his use of POAPs.
- Vogue Business wrote about "why virtual shopping still matters for the holidays" and mentioned the Charlotte Tilbury POAP.
- NFT Now wrote about Porsche's Web3 plans and the POAPs that are part of the strategy.
- The Overpriced JPEGs podcast discussed 9dcc POAPs and networking tools (starts at 30:25).
THE PEOPLE WANT THE POAPS
THIRD PARTY TIME
Builders are the unsung heroes of the POAP ecosystem!
- Daylight, the API that aggregates Web3 perks all in once place (and integrates POAPs), completed a $3M seed round.
- Bankless acquired Earnifi.
Milestone achieved: 6 million POAPs minted!
- POAP Community Calls are every Wednesday at Midnight UTC in the POAP Discord. Listen to last week's call on YouTube, which featured members of the GridPlus team.
- Data visualization of POAP distribution at Art Basel this past week:
POAPs galore at Art Basel, including:
- Gmoney's 9dcc project created an Art Basel leaderboard for 9dcc POAPs, distributed via NFC chips in 9dcc t-shirts.
- Adidas dropped a POAP to celebrate the launch of their first collection of virtual gear.
- Porsche dropped a POAP at a live event held at "The Gateway" exhibition.
- Johnnie Walker x Doodles dropped a POAP at a "DoodlePutt ultimate miniature golf course experience."
- Johnnie Walker also dropped a POAP in collab with World of Women, a POAP for visiting the Johnnie Walker Blue Label Lounge, and a POAP for participating in the "Blue Label Experience" in collab with Vandy the Pink.
- Red Bull x Vayner dropped a POAP at a "Doodle Brunch" (Vayner tweet).
- Jarritos x Degen Arcade dropped a POAP during a two-day event in Wynwood.
- VeeFriends dropped POAPs at their "Epic Art Class Experience" and the "VeeFriends Takeover" event, and one for those in the community with FOMO.
- BAYC x NTS Radio dropped a POAP at a wrap party.
- The Fabricant and DRESSX dropped a POAP at an IRL "Digital Fashion Breakfast."
- Atari ran two raffles on POAP Fun to reward collectors of the POAPs they dropped in Miami.
MORE COOL DROPS
- Lacoste dropped a POAP during an event in London.
- Coin Gecko started dropping a POAP as a reward for new users to help onboard them to Web3.
- Philips Auction House in London dropped a POAP at a launch event for a new project from artist Philip Colbert.
- Bayer dropped a POAP to celebrate the opening of the 42 Berlin Coding Academy.
- Dune Analytics dropped a POAP at their first IRL meetup in Lisbon.
- Warner Music Central Europe dropped a POAP at a Christmas party.
- A metaverse conference at Europa-Park Rust, the largest theme park in Germany, dropped a POAP to attendees (LinkedIn post with more info).
- VaynerSports dropped a POAP during an AMA with NFL athlete Malik Reed.
- The Royal Netherlands Football Association (KNVB) has dropped multiple POAPs at World Cup watch parties, and intends to drop another one for the upcoming match against Argentina (tweet).
- CharmVerse dropped a POAP at the International Conference on Crypto Marketing, hosted by the Columbia Business School.
- MetaTrekkers dropped a POAP during the "BeatTrekkers" DJ battle between GucciToe and Steve Saiko.
- The 1inch Network was among the teams to drop a POAP during the first ever Philippine Blockchain Week in Manila.
- A POAP at India Blockchain Week.
- Ethereum communities in Guatemala and Honduras marked the occasion of their first meetup with a POAP.