- GQ published a recap and photo gallery of their NFT NYC party and mentioned the POAP for attendees.
- Decrypt, Jing Daily, and The Garnette Report also recapped NFT NYC, highlighting the 9dcc treasure hunt (more details from 9dcc) and Wrangler/Jeremy Booth POAP drops.
THE PEOPLE WANT THE POAPS
- The POAP commercial use policy is officially live:
- Check out a time lapse of last week's POAP Art paint party to celebrate the Ethereum Shapella upgrade; 632 people placed 208,862 pixels on the canvas.
THIRD PARTY TIME
- IYK announced a new card with additional features that allow you to seamlessly showcase your digital identity (and dropped a POAP to commemorate the moment).
- With Adidas as its first use case, Tokenproof announced a new "offers" feature, though which brands and communities can reward users with discounts and offers.
Highlights from NFT NYC:
- Adidas dropped 8 POAPs at their ALTS event. Those who collected all 8 received a t-shirt with an NFC chip that... minted another POAP.
- The 9dcc treasure hunt POAPs at landmarks around NYC.
- The GQ POAP.
- SuperRare x Bang & Olufsen dropped a POAP for visiting the B&O Showroom in SoHo and a second POAP during a VIP event.
- The Utopia metaverse, part of a collab with Pussy Riot's Nadya Tolokonnikova, dropped a POAP at their launch party.
- NFT Now dropped a POAP at their first Now Pass community event.
- Venture capital firm Union Square Ventures dropped a POAP via NFC-enabled items in their office.
- Venture fund Collab + Currency dropped a POAP at a mixer in SoHo.
- The law firm Foley & Lardner dropped a POAP for people who visited their booth.
- VaynerSports and Veefriends dropped a POAP at a satellite event. The POAP also functions as a raffle ticket for a VaynerSports Pass NFT.
- Farcaster dropped a POAP at a community meetup.
- Obscura dropped a POAP at the Black Box NFT Art Festival.
- Many notable artists and individuals dropped You Met Me POAPs, including: artist Bryan Brinkman, Keith Soljacich of Publicis Media (LinkedIn post), artist Jeremy Booth (minted via tapping his jacket), and a dentist.
Other cool drops:
- The Pet Shop Boys dropped their first POAP.
- Porsche dropped another POAP and hinted at future utility for holders.
- A POAP at an event featuring Angela Davis.
- Bayer dropped a POAP to commemorate World Hemophilia Day.
- The Azuki NYC community dropped another POAP.
- The Decentralized Science conference in Tokyo dropped a POAP for attendees (DeSci Tokyo tweet).
- The Shapella Painting Party POAP and the coinciding EthStaker livestream POAP, both sold via POAP Checkout.
- Richie Hawtin dropped POAPs at shows in Switzerland and Budapest.
- A POAP for attending a digital art exhibition during the grand opening of the first GameStop Flagship Store in Via Torino, Milan.
- Spanish basketball team Movistar Estudiantes dropped another POAP during a league game in Madrid.
- The World of Women dropped a POAP during a community event.
- The Ethereum Support Program dropped a POAP to high scorers on their ESP quiz at ETHGlobal Tokyo.
- EthereumZuri.ch dropped a POAP for attendees.
- Gnosis Chain was one of many entities to drop You Met Me and/or booth POAPs during ETHGlobal Tokyo.
- Rocket Pool sold a POAP to commemorate the Atlas upgrade of the protocol, which allows RP node operators to run Ethereum validators (AKA minipools) with only 8 ETH.
- The Zuzalu community dropped a POAP for participants in a public goods hackathon.
- DIVA Donate dropped two POAPs (silver and gold) to people who donated money to support pastoralists in Kenya.
- The Manchester Blockchain Alliance dropped a POAP at an MBA roundtable.
- Web3 Texas dropped a POAP at their Houston launch party.
- A meetup in Lyon dropped a POAP and so did a meetup in Columbus, Ohio.